ArtsCan Circle works closely with the northern indigenous communities to help provide a connection with the musicians and artists and the students.
The workshops consist of playing instruments, songwriting, recording, singing, dancing, drumming, drama and visual arts. Music and art workshops are held in the schools and/or community halls throughout the day. We also offer after-school music programs with the ArtsCan Circle’s musicians. On the last evening, family and friends are invited to come to the music jam night.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to have ArtsCan Circle visit your community.
2019 workshops with youth in:
- Fort Albany April 8 – 12 with MOB BOUNCE
We just completed workshops in:
- Attawapiskat February 4 – 8
- Gjoa Haven February 25 – March 1
2018 workshops with youth in:
- Pikangikum November 18 – 24
- Attawapiskat November 11 – 18
- Natuashish October 14 – 21
- Fort Albany October 14 – 28
Artscan has visited the following communities
- Gjoa Haven
- Fort Albany
- La Seul
- Sioux Lookout
- Moose Factory
- Rankin Inlet
- Thunder Bay