ArtsCan Circle works closely with the northern indigenous communities to help provide a connection with the musicians and artists and the students.
The workshops consist of playing instruments, songwriting, creative composition, edittng and recording, singing, dancing, drama, DJing and visual arts. Music and art workshops are held in the schools and/or community halls throughout the day. We also offer after-school music programs with the ArtsCan Circle’s musicians. On the last evening, family and friends are invited to come to the music jam night.
Please email email@example.com for more information on how to have ArtsCan Circle visit your community.
- Returning artists Cindy Paul & Lisa Rosati were in Attawapiskat from March 9 – 13 working with students at Vezina Secondary on a large scale mural project! Check out our image page and socials for the pictures of the incredible mural.
- Attawapiskat: Indigenous Hip Hop Group Mob Bounce | September 15 – 21
- Carcross Yukon: Indigenous Singer Songwriters – Mimi O’Bonsawin, Cindy Paul | September 22 – 28
- Fort Albany: Indigenous Singer Songwriter – Mimi O’Bonsawin, Glenn Marais, Scott Somerville & Juulie Rousseau | October 6 – 12
- Natuashish: Indigenous Singer Songwriter Cindy Paul, Randy Brethour & Ryan Ainsworth | October 6 – 12
- Pikangikum: Indigenous Producer Cjay Monias, Indigenous Filmmaker Lindsay Sarazin, 2nd Assistant Mathieu Taillefer | October 20 – 26
- Attawapiskat: B’Boy Lee Pham & two pianists Debroah Hui & Terri Wu | February 4 – 8
- Gjoa Haven: Indigenous Indigenous Singer Songwriter Cindy Paul & Multi-Instrumentalist – Jessamin Flynn| February 25 – March 1
- Fort Albany: Indigenous Hip Hop Group Mob Bounce | April 8 – 12
- Pikangikum | November 18 – 24
- Attawapiskat | November 11 – 18
- Natuashish | October 14 – 21
- Fort Albany | October 14 – 28
Artscan has visited the following communities
- Gjoa Haven
- Fort Albany
- La Seul
- Sioux Lookout
- Moose Factory
- Rankin Inlet
- Thunder Bay